Brown Attention-Deficit Disorder Scales
(Brown ADD Scales)
3 - 12 Years
12 -18 Years
The Brown ADD Scales help to assess a wide range of symptoms of executive function impairments associated with ADHD/ADD. These normed rating scales are available to elicit parent report and teacher report for children aged 3 to 7 yrs and 8 to 12 yrs. For 8 to 12 year olds, a normed self-report version is also available.
The Brown ADD Scales for Adolescents and Adults include 40 items that assess five clusters of ADHD-related executive function impairments. Versions for children ages 3 to 12 yrs also include a sixth cluster to assess problems in monitoring and self-regulating action.
- Organizing, Prioritizing and Activating to Work
- Focusing, Sustaining and Shifting Attention to Tasks
- Regulating Alertness, Sustaining Effort and Processing Speed
- Managing Frustration and Modulating Emotions
- Utilizing Working Memory and Accessing Recall
- Monitoring and Self-Regulating Action