On the 20th February Dominic attended London City University's mentoring induction evening. The event marks the beginning of the mentoring program for hundreds of City University students.
City University is ranked 10th for both graduate employability and starting salaries, City students' career progression is supported in a many innovative ways. The Professional Mentoring Scheme matches undergraduates with experienced professionals to develop their skills, confidence and future employability.
As a student mentee you are assigned a Professional Mentor who will support, advise and guide you towards personal and professional development.
This is a great way to compliment a students studies, developing their confidence, employability and professional network.
The scheme is aimed at students who don't get professional insight into industry as part of their course.
Benefits of being a mentee:
- Excellent opportunity to develop your confidence and employability skills
- Gain insight to the graduate labour market and clarify your career plans
- Receive one-to-one support and guidance on your CV
- Having someone from your field or related field help you prepare for your interviews
- It is a stepping stone to becoming a highly employable graduate
Dominic is volunteering his coaching and mentoring services to students at City University for 2014.